Here are some examples of easy blender soups, and they taste delicious! Well, to me, anyway. I know we're all different! These are eaten cold, poured straight outta the blender...YUM!
Raw Glow Soup (pictured above)
- 1 large apple (or 2 small)
- small piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- water to thin to desired consistency
- 2 handfuls of green leafies (eg. spinach, dandelion leaves, romaine, etc.)
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/2 an avocado, if you enjoy a creamier texture (I do!)
- Add a little red pepper heart for fun - done by trimming the top of a pepper and carving with a sharp knife. Watch your fingers!
Start by blending the apples, ginger, and water in your blender or food processor. Add in everything else. Enjoy!
(Yep, it's that simple!)
Cut up your green leafies and say NO to blender burnout!
Cucumber Tomato Surprise - from Elaina Love's recipes
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small cucumber peeled in stripes and chopped (seeds removed if big)
- 1 large avocado cut into cubes
- 1 half of a lemon or lime squeezed
- 1 half to 1 tsp. Himalayan Salt Crystals
- 1 Tbs. of olive oil (optional for a richer flavor)
Spinach Apple Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- dash of Himalayan salt
Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Keeps for 3 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
I'll keep adding to this section as I unearth more recipes....