Drink a glass of room temperature water, then put a pinch of unrefined *salt on the tip of your tongue and let it dissolve. Don't touch your tongue to the roof of your mouth, since it could irritate.
-Dr. Timothy Brantley, author of 'The Cure'
*natural crystallized salt like Himalayan. Do not use table salt...it's a whole different animal
*For a Migraine:
- Same 'salt on tongue' advice as above, but using cold water
**For a Cleansing Drink that Helps Circulation:
- pinch cayenne
- small bit of grated ginger
~ Don't put anything on your skin that you wouldn't eat! ~
Apple Cider Vinegar & Egg Shampoo
- 1 large egg
- 2 oz mineral water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Using a whisk, whip up these ingredients then massage into the scalp. Rinse with warm water. Because of the egg content, the use of warm water is essential.
Egg & Castor Oil Conditioner...this is great stuff!!
- 2 egg yolks (Option: use a whole egg, with a little lemon juice whisked in, as this will add incredible shine, removing previous product buildup.)
- 2 tablespoons of cold pressed castor oil (don't let this intimidate you, it's easy to get at a healthy grocer and it's not your Grandma's castor oil...cold pressed = odorless and tasteless...not that you're eating it)
- Beat with a whisk, slather onto your hair, then rinse after 15 minutes.
Refreshing Face Mask:
I so enjoyed laying in my deep claw-foot tub the other day with my salad on my head (aforementioned concoctions) and this cooling and stimulating mask on my face.
juice of 1/3 orange.
Mix these together, slather it on your face, wait about 10 minutes (it doesn't harden) and wash off. Your skin will glow pink from the citrus stimulation and be refreshed and soft! Your complexion will glow!
***My Big Fat Disclaimer: 'Rawkin' is doing what she feels is best for herself, and acknowledges that we are all different, and what works for her, may not be your thing. Rawkin' has no insight into why she is referring to herself in the third person. Please see your health professional before making any radical lifestyle or dietary changes. But feel free to wash your hair with egg and wear yogurt on your face.