Saturday 2 June 2007

Early Bird Gets the Peace

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
this is not my backyard, but it IS peaceful....
Since eating a mostly raw diet, I've been feeling really well. For the past couple weeks I've been naturally waking up at 5 a.m. Previously unheard of, so don't think I didn't see the face you just made! ;)

And I don't mean up and groggy, I mean up and at'em. Calm and content, it feels really natural, like, Ok, sleep time's over, time to transition into the day.

I had a particularly lovely hour this morning, when I decided to go out to my backyard tent and listen to the birds. It was so easy to be grateful in this quiet time. The gratitudes effortlessly flowed out of my pen, and my breath was deep and calm.

My own little slice of heaven, all to myself as the neighbourhood slept.

My cat Ruby joined me and I delighted in watching her scamper about in the dewy grass, chasing things I surely couldn't see.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dont tell me thats your back garden!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!