Monday 11 June 2007

Another week of Yum

I enjoyed a little shopping trip to The Kitchen Corner, in Kitsilano (1955 West 4th )this week. Oddly, later the same day, I spotted a second location on the Drive! (1684 Commercial) I fell in love with this crazy kitchen place! 2 floors of narrow, overcrowded aisles, stock piled floor-to-ceiling, thousands of things.

I bought a little gem, (pictured) this apple corer/slicer for under $3 and when I got it home I was like a kid, making 'flowers' out of all my apples! This thing delights my inner rawker! And it'll make my green juice and smoothies so much more efficient. (that's the adult in me.) I also picked up a lime green salad bowl that looks so summery with salad in it, it makes me happy, too.

I've become used to noting down what I've eaten during the day...I know it is obsessive as hell, but I admit, as I manoeuvre my way through the beginnings of eating raw --yes, I've done it before, but I'm diving in deeper this time--I am learning a lot and it's far less confusing for this old fart. It also helps me keep track of my new routine, which I am loving. (And loving it is everything, isn't it?!)

My mood has been calm, and my energy lasts all day and into evening.
I've enjoyed a couple meals out this week, and made it work at the time. . . though my skin went through a rough patch, literally.
After Wed's meal out, within the hour I developed a raised, sort of itchy, tender spot on my face, and my cheeks were extremely red. You can imagine my pride at the little art opening I was attending. Ah, very funny. In any case, it cleared after a few days. I've been reading a lot about how our bodies pass things as we detox, and I chalk this up to that.
On another note, my neighbour Janice did say, "Hey! Lookin' skinny there..." when I was out in the backyard...so something's happening!
So... here's this past week's food entries... with last week's caveat:
Please note: This week of food is not my recommendation to you, it is merely a record of my own eating last week.
Add to this week's menu the fact that I drink water throughout the day. *Lemon water gets the stomach ready for the day's digestion - just squeeze the juice of 1/4 lemon into room-temperature water...the rest of my water intake isn't at all fancy, lol.
I also enjoy my cup of coffee every morning, right after my lemon water. Ain't giving that up any time soon. :)
At the end of this post, there are links to some of the more mysterious foods :)

Oh and want to add: I know what this looks like! This looks like I'm eating like a dang rabbit, but trust me, I eat when I'm hungry, and l feel RAWKIN'! Nutrient-density is where it's at, Baby!
...without further ado...
Monday, June 04, 2007

  • Lemon water
  • coffee
  • Green Lemonade with romaine, spinach, lemon, apples, and maca
  • Fruit salad with kiwi, nectarine, strawberry, and grapefruit

Afternoon:
  • Spinach salad with carrot, orange pepper, tomato with Bragg’s vinaigrette
  • Plate of cauliflower, carrot, orange pepper, with hummus (didn’t match, nice try)
Evening:
  • Steamed lemon-dill salmon with steamed red cabbage, hot red pepper, and yam
Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Morning:
  • Lemon water
  • Coffee
  • Green Lemonade with romaine, kale, lemon, apples, and maca
  • Fruit smoothie with strawberries, bananas, blueberries, and salba
Afternoon:
  • Greek salad at Bert’s Restaurant
Evening:
  • Steamed halibut and steamed spinach
  • Raw curried cauliflower dish
  • Red pepper and cucumber
  • 2 slices sprouted grain sesame bread with maca spread -oooh maca spread
Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Morning:
  • Lemon water
  • Coffee
  • Green Lemonade with romaine, kale, lemon, apples, and maca
  • Fruit smoothie with strawberries, bananas, blueberries, and salba

Afternoon:
  • Veggie stew at Dessert’s Vegetarian restaurant
Evening:
  • Giant salad with romaine, tomatoes, cukes, shredded carrot, shredded beet, garlic oil and apple cider vinegar dressing
Thursday, June 07, 2007

Morning:
  • Lemon water
  • Coffee
  • Green Lemonade with romaine, kale, lemon, apples, and maca

Afternoon:

Evening:
  • Steamed salmon with steamed green pepper, carnival squash, red chard, spinach, carrots
  • Salad with romaine, carrots, celery, tomato, and cuke with garlic o&acv dressing
  • Square (ok 3 big rows!) of 70% dark G&B chocolate

Friday, June 8, 2007

Morning:
  • Lemon water
  • Coffee
  • Green Lemonade with romaine, kale, lemon, apples, and maca

Afternoon:

  • Fruit smoothie, with green apple, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi
  • Bit of leftover curried cauliflower dish
  • 2 chard wraps with beets, tomato, almond butter, broccoli sprouts, pea shoots

Evening:
  • sole, with steamed red pepper, and broccoli
Saturday, June 9, 2007

Morning:

  • Lemon water
  • Coffee
  • banana
  • Green Lemonade with romaine, kale, lemon, apples, and maca

Afternoon:
  • Chopped veggie salad with celery, dandelion greens, yellow pepper, pea shoots, broccoli sprouts, etc
Evening:
  • Steamed chicken, with steamed carnival and butternut squash
Sunday, June 10, 2007

Morning:

  • Lemon water
  • Coffee
  • banana
  • Green Lemonade with romaine, kale, lemon, apples, and maca
  • Fruit smoothie with bananas, strawberries, blueberries, plum and salba
Afternoon:

  • 2 marinated chard wraps with orange pepper, tomato, pea shoots, avocado, and spinach
  • homemade miso
  • large spinach salad, with orange pepper, cuke, tomato, garlic o&acv
Evening:
  • Wasn’t hungry, felt ok about that, and went to bed
I do my oil pulling between my lemon water and my Green Lemonade, and if I have coffee, I do that after lemon water, and before oil pulling. (still with me?) Lemon water's always first.
I leave a good hour or more after Green Lemonade before eating any fruit, including smoothies.
*Some of these Mystery Ingredients explained:
Green Lemonade
maca? ...what the *#!% is maca? ...Damn hippies...
Raw Glow soup
dandelion greens
flax seeds
sprouted grain tortilla
hummus
eggplant dish
Blended Spinach Apple soup
salba
dulse
Green & Black's
apple cider vinegar
hemp oil
tabbouleh
oil pulling

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!