Monday 4 June 2007

One Week of Food

For over 3 weeks, my partner and I have been investing in ourselves. Instead of beer and other party favors, we made a strong decision to give ourselves a shakeup, and put that money entirely on taking the best care of ourselves we possibly could. Better a shakeup than a wake up.

*Please note: This week of food is not my recommendation to you, it is merely a record of my own eating last week.

Add to this week's menu the fact that I drink water throughout the day. *Lemon water gets the stomach ready for the day's digestion - just squeeze the juice of 1/4 lemon into room-temperature water...the rest of my water intake isn't at all fancy, lol. I also enjoy my cup of coffee every morning, right after my lemon water. Ain't giving that up any time soon. :)

At the end of this post, there are links to some of the more mysterious foods :)


Monday, May 28, 2007

Morning:
· *Lemon water
· Green Lemonade (with romaine, kale, parsley, apple, lemon and maca)
· Fruit smoothie (banana, apricot, strawberries, and blueberries)

Afternoon:
· Blended Raw Glow soup with dandelion greens, parsley, romaine, apple, lemon, ginger, avocado, and flax seeds
· Sprouted grain tortilla with homemade hummus
· Chard wrap (marinated in sea salt and lemon, wrapping hummus, red pepper and cucumber)

Evening:
· Dinner Eggplant Paprikash with hummus
· Coffee, distilled water


Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Morning:
· Lemon water
· Green juice with romaine, kale, dandelion greens, parsley, apple, lemon, maca
· Fruit smoothie (banana, peach, apricot, blueberries, strawberries)
· Coffee, distilled water

Afternoon:
· Spinach Apple soup sprinkled with salba and dulse
· Collard wrap (marinated in sea salt and lemon, wrapping green pepper, almond butter, and cucumber)
· Grated carrot and beet salad with lemon

Late Afternoon:
· a honeydew melon

Evening:
· Spinach salad with carrots, red cabbage, green pepper
· Steamed sole and onions and yams


Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Morning:

· Lemon water
· Green juice, with romaine, kale, apples, lemon, and maca
· Coffee, distilled water
· Fruit smoothie, with pineapple, banana, kiwi, strawberries, and flax

Afternoon:
· Salad with romaine, dandelion greens, parsley, tomato, cucumber, green pepper

Evening:
· Chicken in carrot-ginger curry
· Steamed baby broccoli, zucchini, and onions
· Dessert small Green & Black's 70% Dark Chocolate

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Morning:
· Lemon water
· Coffee
· Green juice, with romaine, dandelion greens, celery, apple, lemon, and maca
· ½ a cantaloupe

Afternoon:
· Fruit smoothie, with apple, kiwi, banana, strawberries, blueberries
· Small handful of raw pumpkin seeds (blech! got a rancid one, am so done with these!)

Evening:
· Salad with romaine, beet greens, collards, with tomato, cuke, green onions, pea shoots, avocado, with garlic apple cider vinegar and olive oil
· Steamed salmon with steamed spinach and zucchini


Friday, June 01, 2007

Morning:

· Lemon water
· Bowl of mixed fruit: banana, nectarine, strawberry, kiwi, with hemp oil
· Coffee
· Green Lemonade with romaine, celery, spinach, lemon, apples, and maca

Afternoon:
· Giant salad, with romaine, cuke, tomato, broccoli sprouts, avocado, with garlic, olive oil and acv dressing

Evening:
· Take out Indian food: butter chicken and spinach sag, large salad I made *felt the take out food…we both did, felt under par into the next day...noticing the difference already...good sign :)


Saturday, June 02, 2007

Morning:

· Lemon water
· Coffee
· Green Lemonade with romaine, celery, spinach, dandelion greens, lemon, apples, and maca
· Fruit smoothie with apple, banana, strawberries, peach, blueberries, with hemp seed oil

Afternoon:
· Collard wrap with almond butter, red pepper, and cucumber
· Another Green Lemonade

Evening:
· 2 collard wraps in sprouted grain tortillas, with home made hummus and salad (spinach, tomato, and cauliflower)
· a little vegetable curry pate

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Morning:

· water
· coffee
· Green Lemonade with romaine, celery, spinach, lemon, apples, and maca
· Fruit smoothie with Green Lemonade pulp and banana, strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, with hemp oil

Afternoon:
· Pure, organic cranberry juice

Evening:
· Spinach salad with crumbled cauliflower, tomato, cucumber, raw beet, flax seed, with garlic o&acv dressing
· Fruit smoothie with apple, banana, strawberries, peach, blueberries, with hemp oil
· Curry veg pate, hummus, and sprouted grain bread
· Dinner out at a vegetarian restaurant: ate tabbouleh salad, carrot/ginger/spinach power juice

I do my oil pulling between my lemon water and my Green Lemonade, and if I have coffee, I do that after lemon water, and before oil pulling. (still with me?) Lemon water's always first. I leave a good hour or more after Green Lemonade before eating any fruit, including smoothies.


*Some of these Mystery Ingredients explained:


maca? ...what the *#!% is maca? ...Damn hippies...
dandelion greens,
flax seeds
sprouted grain tortilla
hummus
eggplant dish
Blended Spinach Apple soup,
salba
dulse
Green & Black's
apple cider vinegar
hemp oil
tabbouleh
oil pulling



Yes, it was expensive, as we are at the beginning of this,and are
re-stocking the kitchen. We both feel so light, energetic, clean, and clear eating this way. And I never could stand cooking, but I've got a real love affair going with creating fresh food meals...go figure! The use of kitchen tools like a manual food chopper, a food processer, a blender, and a juicer make this way of eathing efficent and rather fun. So far, I've not had to use my asthma inhaler at all, (down from up to 4x's daily), I've not had any headaches (down from at least one a week), my mood has been calm and content (I've been known to dabble in 'all over the place', lol), my skin has cleared up, and my eyes are sparkling. And the maca definitely boosts libido, Baby. I feel GREAT! Without pre-packaged foods in my kitchen, I don't have chemicals or sugar in my diet. I create meals that have more ingredients, all fresh, and I'm using only nutrient-dense foods, so I am not feeling hungry all day like I do when I eat junk food. More about nutrient density here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!