Wednesday 29 July 2009

Bub-Eye Coffee

Well now... quit coffee again yesterday, and got a full-on headache. I had quit for 8 months, then with the start of this new cd project, this bad habit crept back in. But I've really felt quite awful in comparison to when I didn't drink it, so it was time to bid it adieu once again.

The ways in which it makes me feel awful: drum roll into tmi...my boobs get lumpy and sore, for one.

Another is how dopey I feel upon waking...until I get some coffee in me...now, if that's not a drug, I don't know what is.

Also, my fatigue later in the day was a direct result of how much coffee I had in the morning...if 2 cups made me 'wake up' in the morning, I was twice as tired in the afternoon. Who needs an energy zapper like that??

I would aim for one cup in the morning, but usually, another cup would creep in before dinner...again, with this wacky recording schedule, it was a welcome jolt...but it crept in more and more until I felt like a$$, basically more or less all the time.

My dependence on it, combined with this crappy, energy-zapped feeling made the decision to quit again a no-brainer.

So thar ya go. A step in the right direction!!

10 comments:

Zucchini Breath said...

Have a smoothie instead. it doesn't take much longer (unless you are drinking instant, in which case we need to have a WHOLE NOTHER TALK :)and it's got the real energy that you need.

Plus it won't give you stink breath!

Cheers, Lucy! I'm rooting for you!

Rawkin' said...

haha no I wasn't drinking that impotent swill, instant... and...I'm drinking a green smoothie as I type this. Thank you for rooting for me!! It's mutual!!

xo
Rawkin'

Zucchini Breath said...

Thanks, I need all the rooting I can get!

Mutual rooting. heh... :)

Rawkin' said...

:) I'm there for ya girlie :)

Anju said...

Have you seen this post on CSL: http://crazysexylife.com/2009/forget-coffee-and-have-a-superfood-summer/

There's a recipe for a raw iced "coffee". I haven't tried it yet, but it looks good. ^_^

Rawkin' said...

Hi Shanghai Monkey!
That does sound good! I really enjoyed the article, too. Thanks for pointing it out. Makes me feel less alone!

xo
Rawkin'

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the challenges you're facing on your journey. How wonderful that you're back into full swing with the band! Eating raw took a lot of attention, and now this band project is taking a lot of your attention. You don't have time to do it all. So maybe you can just commit to one or two things, such as being sure that you get a green smoothie everyday. That taken care of, you can focus on the band without guilt. Enjoy!

Kathleen

Rawkin' said...

Thank you, Kathleen, for your thoughtful comment. I want to hug you and kiss you and take you home. :) It's just so refreshing to read this permission. Makes me say Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

(((((((((big hug to you today)))))))

xo
Rawkin'

Linda said...

I was the same way with Coke {the drink silly}. But when we went raw{er} in Aug. I gave it up and don't even want it now Yay! I do have something that helps with the energy/fog thing tho'... and it's whole live food in a veg friendly capsule. Hit me up if you want a few samples when you get back home. Here's some info you {or anyone} can check out about it. It's really great.
mynuriche.com/moreenergy
live-whole-food.blogspot.com
I love helping ppl out - this stuff has really helped us!
Take care!
Robin
cokelush at gmail {need to change that addy!}

Rawkin' said...

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the link! :)

Way to go on quitting Coca Cola and for not missing it. I still say we crave what's in our bloodstream. Awesome that you found something that works for you.

all the best,
Rawkin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!