Monday 6 April 2009

Seriously the BEST Spinach Lasagna


Ever eat something so good you moan all the way through it? I did with this recent recipe!

Crissy from RFT has graciously given me permission to post her Spinach Lasagna recipe here on my blog.

It is divine!!!! I followed her written advice and free-spirit measurements and tasted as I went, and it turned out so delicious!

I could have seriously eaten the whole thing myself. Yes, I'm THAT kind of girl. A 'hearty-appetite-for-fabulous-foods-lick-the-plate' kind of girl.

Here is the recipe:

All the notes are hers. Well, except the ones that are mine. ;)

This note is mine (Rawkin'):
I used a vegetable peeler instead of a mandolin to get my 'lasagna noodles'...worked great!)

OK here goes:

Spinach Lasagna

On a mandolin, thin slice a zucchini. Rawkin' note: I used 3 small zucchinis) Even though I used the thinnest blade for this they weren't paper thin or anything. They were about the same thickness as a regular lasagna noodle.

Rawcotta Cheeze

1 C. cashews
2 Tb. pine nuts
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 Tb. lemon juice
fresh parsley, a few shakes of dill weed and some dried Italian seasoning
(I didn't measure any of these)
a little nutritional yeast
a little apple cider vinegar
about 1 C. water
I found this recipe somewhere and then just added things to taste which is why there are no measurements for some things. Toss it all in the blender and give it a whirl until it's nice and smooth. I started off with about 1/2 C. water and drizzled more as it blended until I got the right consistency.

Sauce

2 ripe tomatoes
about 12 sundried tomatoes (unsoaked)
dash olive oil
sea salt
onion powder
garlic powder
pepper
Italian seasoning
splash of water to help it blend
Toss everything in the blender and whirl until smooth. Again, I don't measure, I just taste as I go along.

Spinach

few handfuls of fresh spinach
dash sea salt or herbamare
garlic powder
dash olive oil
Pulse chop in the food processor until finely chopped but not blended.

Marinated Mushrooms

button mushrooms
olive oil
tamari, Braggs or Nama Shoyu

Put everything in a bowl and stir. Leave until the mushrooms become sort of wilty and shrink. This happens faster in the dehydrator or you can just leave them overnight on the counter.
Now just layer everything in a small dish -- zucchini noodles, rawcotta, spinach, marinated mushrooms, tomato sauce, zucchini noodles, tomato sauce -- and pop it in the dehydrator for a few hours. I think I left it in for maybe 6 hrs. on 100* and then ate it the next day for lunch. I'll definitely be making that one again.
*************************************************
Oh, me too, Crissy, me too!
Rawkin' note: Just trust yourself with the measurements to suit your taste, taste as you go, and you will love this!!

3 comments:

Zucchini Breath said...

Looks good. I love making lasagna. I use eggplant as the noodles sometimes. Very nice.

Rawkin' said...

Hi Zucchini Breath!

It was OMG-good. I've got some in the dehydrator as I type this. Haha couldn't stand it, lookin' at that picture...so I made it again!
Now I'm tappin' my foot, waiting for my boyfriend to get home so I can dig in!! :)

Eggplant, yeah, very very nice too!!

:)

Take care,
xo
Rawkin'

Robin said...

Hello, I'm kinda new at this and looking for a good raw lasagna recipe... I'm w/o a dehydrator at the moment... can this just be eaten w/o doing that part? Or do you have an awesome recipe that uses one? (right now we are still using cheeses on occasion so ricotta would even be fine.) Thanks!
Robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!