Tuesday 21 April 2009

Food Prep Day!


My new food processor is getting a good workout today! I'm really pleased with this purchase. It does everything you want a food processor to do, quickly and reasonably quietly. It's affordable and the 10 cup capacity makes it a really good choice. It's a Hamilton Beach. I was hesitant at first, having gone through a less than stellar juicer of the same make but now that I know more about juicers, I see my expectations were high and hopeful at the time. But HB makes a great FP!

Now I'm waiting, rather impatiently, for my Vita-Mix to arrive. Any day now!

UPDATE!!! IT CAME TODAY!! WEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
I wasn't even gonna check today, thinking I was just being impatient, and I'd go check the post office later in the week... but I was on my way to get some ingredients for dinner and there was construction and I had to go another way...right by the post office. And there was a parking spot. And there was still time left on the meter. And there was LOVE in the mail for me!! Yep, there it was!! I was so happy! My postie guy said, "Wow, that's a lot of vitamins!" I said, "It's a Vita-MIX !! Hahahaha! "What's it do??" he asked. I said, "It's a kitchen appliance and it cost more than my freakin' VAN! I laughed like a loon while he just stared at me with his mouth open, bless. :) Anyway, WEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Updated: flax bread, above, carrot bread, below



(I love my new pizza cutter! Thrift store, 25 cents, and it's a marvel!
I score my breads after I flip them off the teflex sheets after a couple hours in the dehydrator)

Gremlins!

*aheh-aheh*


I'm making a lot of food over the next couple days because tomorrow evening, I am bringing dinner to share with a dear friend of mine, and the next evening, another dear friend is coming over! So today and tomorrow, I'll be making:

Spinach Lasagna

Flax crackers

Carrot Bread

Falafels with Zucchini (Falafel) Tortillas

Brownies (of course)

Plus, I've got a slice of that delicious Pizza from the weekend in the freezer.

Hmmm I better throw some leaves into the menu...how 'bout a big, gorgeous, fresh salad?

I love days like today.

Hey wait...none of this is for tonight's dinner. There's nothing worse for my boyfriend to come home to food he can't touch! Bahaha! Poor bugger, well, off to the store to see what I can see.

Better make more room in the dehydrator! Lol
Update: My boyfriend ate just fine! ;) I got to play with my new Vita-Mix in time for dinner: Cheesy Marinara with spinach. (Marinara Sauce from Angel Hair Pasta recipe, and Basic Cashew Cheese, with a whack of spiralized zucchini 'noodles'.) The marinara took about 10 or 15 seconds on 'High' and so did the 'cheese'. I love this thing!! And it was delish!!

Enjoy your kitchen time, Rawkers!

1 comment:

Rawkin' said...

Aurora! My mouse mis-fired and clicked 'reject' this comment instead of 'publish'...DOH...so I'll copy/paste it here, with my sincere thanks to you for taking the time to say such nice things to me!

Hey you!

Just when I thought I'd discovered all the good raw food blogs around, here I go and find YOU.

Yours is truly inspirational, meditational, and downright sensational!

I'm still busy poking through your archives... meanwhile, enjoy that V-Mix, I'm sooo jealous... just waiting for my piece of crap $30 model to die so I can indulge...

I'm an on again, off again raw'er and I'm planning on a 90 day stint this summer when I'm done with school and have lots of time to UNcook. You can bet I'll be hitting your "favorite recipe" link in the near future.

Thanks for the inspiration! *hugs*

Aurora

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!