Tuesday 26 January 2010

Kayi Korma - Southern Indian Curry



Kayi Korma - Southern Indian curry

Submitted by denzildragon to goneraw

Yield:  2 servings

Ingredients: 
Sauce:
flesh of one young Thai coconut
handful of raw cashews
3/4 cup water or water from the coconut
1 level ts ground turmeric
½ ts mustard powder
½ ts ginger powder
1 ts garam masala
1-2 ts raw agave syrup (or to taste)


Veg:
1 small shallot, finely sliced
1 carrot, finely sliced (I used a vegetable peeler to slice it)
1 red pepper, finely sliced
½-1 chili pepper, finely chopped (or to taste)
5 or 6 button mushrooms, finely sliced
½ bag of baby spinach leaves
Preparation: 
In a food processor or blender, blend the coconut meat, cashews, spices and agave syrup, adding the water a little at a time, until a smooth sauce forms.
Stir this into the vegetables, and leave to marinade for a while. If you want it warmed through, leave it in your dehydrator.

I made this last night for my boyfriend and I and we LOVED it!!!  Steve actually said, "This is the best damn raw thing you've ever made!"  


The only thing I did a lil' different was add a pinch of salt, because I think I added too much agave for my tastes.  But then it balanced out and was just fabulous.  We ate them in wraps.  I had two!  The second one, I wrapped in a large lettuce leaf and it was even better than with the tortilla, adding coolness and crunch to the dish.  A+





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!