Thursday 18 February 2010

Detox & Good Friends

Hey there!

One day soon I will report that I'm bouncing off the walls with that gorgeous raw energy but alas, it won't be today.   

I'm back in to feeling detox-y.  I guess it's to be expected...my days are filled with juices, smoothies, and fruit, and my evenings, salads and other (mostly) raw fare.

Yesterday's juice gave me a whopper of a headache, within moments of drinking it, though I highly doubt that the juice itself was the culprit, as it was all innocent stuff I eat all the time...(she said, with nagging thoughts...)

I drank down a juice called Green Power, which consisted of:

4 carrots
2 stalks celery
handful spinach
handful parsley

I'm laughing to myself as I type this out... what an endorsement, hey?  Here, try this juice, it gave me a screamin' headache!  hahaha  I'm sure it's just where I'm at in my own body, as this juice looks innocent enough to me.  Though it does have "Power" in the title.  Oh well, you decide! :)

So I just kept it light all day, food-wise, and activity-wise.  When Steve came home from work and wanted to go for a spin on the Harley, at first I said no, because with a headache, it just didn't sound appealing, but on second thought, figured it might be just the cure, so I ended up going.  I'm glad I did, as eventually, it did help take the edge off it somewhat.

The Winter Olympics are in town, so we tooled around downtown to see all the extra people and hoopla we'd been hearing about.  Man, they weren't kidding!  It was amazing, and we loved it.  Also, being on the motorcycle had its privileges...parking was a breeze.

Some major downtown streets closed off and folks just walking around EVERYWHERE.  It was like a street festival, only with such a heavy cop presence that there was no actual partying going on.  The energy is pretty sparkly, though, very cool.  I'm sure there's hardcore partying going on at the 'houses' set up all over town:  German House, Atlantic Canada House, Quebec House, all partying like it's 1999!

We enjoyed walking and taking in all the visitors.  It felt like Whistler Village, just folks milling about everywhere.  While we're not huge sports fans, we did mention that of all the events, a Hockey game would be fun.

We were getting hungry, about a half hour later, we were sitting at Organic Lives, noshing on some raw pizza, mmmm.  We got chatting to the owner, Preet, about the electric energy downtown, and he asked us if we were taking in any events...long story, short...to our surprise and delight, he gifted us with some Olympic Hockey tickets.

Now.  I ask you, if this is not direct manifesting, what is?  (He wouldn't accept payment, said he'd gotten a boatload of Olympic tickets a year ago when they went on sale, not knowing he'd have this new restaurant and be unable to attend events...so he'd sold off what he could and still had these left over...and well, lucky us!)

So, off we zipped on the Harley, and pulled over when the phone rang.  It was our friend, Stan, with whom we'd taken in the Justin Townes Earle concert the night before.  He asked if we could meet him, as he had a gift for us (!!!) as a 'thank you' for taking him to the show.  (I had originally picked up the tickets and when he went to pay me, I said Pshaw!! And when he argued, I finally said, Ok, pay me in a kiss and a hug.  Who's a brazen hussy, then?

Funny part coming up:  As I went in for a hug, he was going in for a quick peck on the cheek.  Our timing was off, and we ended up kissing on the mouth!  Doh!  Steve was there, and we all laughed, but I did feel like a blushing tart for a while there.

I had a point, now where is it?

Oh yeah, so we all enjoyed the show, but Steve and I left a few minutes before everyone else because he was fading, and had to work the next day.  It was in the car on the drive home, when I said, "Damn, I should have bought a cd at the show!"

So, fast forward to Stan and his gift...we met with him at a coffeehouse, and he pulls an autographed Justin Townes Earle CD out of his coat and gives it to us!!

Weee!  You know that old saying, 'It's better to give than to receive'...?  Well, I get that, and I want to say that I think it's a real gift to ourselves when we allow ourselves to receive, too.  So while it's wonderful to give, it's also wonderful to receive.  That's what FLOW is. 

Today, I enjoyed a juice called AAA Juice:

3 carrots
1 stalk celery
1/2 beet, with greens
1/2 handful of wheatgrass
1/2 handful of parsley

Also, 1 apple, but I forgot and didn't miss it.  With the carrots and the beets, I found this juice sweet enough.  It was delicious!  I still had yesterday's headache, upon waking, but this juice took it out! 

Was still kinda sleepy today, but was looking forward to seeing my friend Stephanie this afternoon, and I ended up getting an EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) session from her.  Stephanie is my mentor and dear friend; she is wonderful!  We worked on all things detox, and blocks to healing.  It'll be great to see how the shifts play out in the coming weeks.  It was so great to be in her energy again, and that alone suspended detox, which made me wonder how much of what is going on with me is emotional.

As always, food for thought.  In amongst the lethargy and detox, I see so many gifts and blessings in my daily life.  Steve, Preet, Stan, Stephanie, I'm surrounded by love and good people who impact my life so positively, and who, when I've lost the plot, remind me of who I am, and how deserving I am of their love.  And the cherry on top is that I have a host of other beautiful people in my life that I haven't even mentioned in this post.  I'm a blessed woman.

As Stan ended a recent email to me, I'll end this with:

Sunny days, big smiles, happy hearts.

xo
Rawkin'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

honeybabe, you know amongst all the wonderful rawness you are eating and drinking,there is one thing you ain't doing that would really bump that detox feeling right off the table ... i think you remember what it is - or do you need reminding?? ;) it does involve a tube and running water. xxxx sg

Rawkin' said...

Hi Beautiful SG

I haven't forgotten, and in fact, I'm kinda coming around to the idea. Warming up to it, ya might say.

Big hug to you, xo
Rawkin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!