Friday 31 October 2008


I enjoyed a full-on un-cooking day!

It actually started last night when I made flax bread. I used last week's flax cracker recipe, but instead of hand-mixing it and putting it straight away in the dehydrator, I followed the recipe to the letter and put the mixture in a large bowl, and covered it with a tea towel and let it sit on the counter until morning. This is so that it could slightly ferment.

In the morning, I put the slightly puffy mixture onto teflex sheets and dehydrated to a bread-like consistency, pulling them out before they dried more and turned into crackers. I got the most beautiful, bend-able bread, perfect for sandwiches. This is a keeper!!
I also made eggless egg salad to spread on it at dinner. You can see some on the spoon.


Then I made Ani Phyo's Red Beet Salad, using the yellow beet I had on hand, and skipping the dill because I had none, not even dried. Note to self...


Next I prepared a fajitas recipe I had in my file. I've never made this one...loosely, it contains an onion, a bell pepper, garlic, mushrooms, cumin, cayenne, oil, lemon juice, bit of salt. I threw in some chick peas too, cause that's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, we like it, uh-huh uh-huh...



I pretty much had to make raw sour cream, then didn't I? :) So I did, (seen in the photo below) using a recipe called The Best Sour Cream in the World...1 and 1/4 cups pine nuts, 1/2 cup cashews...1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon light miso, 1/4 teaspoon salt, juice of 1/2 lemon...and WALLA, The best damn sour cream evah... Oh, and the lettuce leaf is the wrap :) The whole business looks pissed off! But I bet it's yummy!!


This next dish needs no introduction... raw vegan brownies... you all know I'm over the moon about these! A girl's gotta have some dessert!

Actually, you know who's gonna flip when he gets home...you got it, my other half. He's a fool for these, and raw dinners in general. See, I either keep it real light and 'grazey', like, maybe a smoothie for dinner, or whip up a salad if we get real hungry... or I go all out like today. The grazey days can be real slim pickins and sometimes we just want steak, lol, but we persevere. These dinner nights make it feel special! I planned this last night, shopped for it, and I was home all this rainy day, and between creative painting bursts on canvas, I made one of the dishes. I just kept pokin' at it all day like that, until I have a mighty impressive raw dinner this evening!! I hadn't planned on the brownies, but I was on a roll... :)


Dinner is Served...






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!