Saturday 27 October 2012

Today's Smoothie Goodness

It's a rainy Saturday morning here in Vancouver and I decided to make a green smoothie to kick off what I intend to be a kick ass day.



This was absolutely delicious so I thought I'd share.

1 inch thick disc of pineapple (woody middle cut out)
1 apple
1 banana
a few pieces of frozen fruits from a mixed bag (here I have maybe half a dozen blueberries, 3 pieces of frozen peach and 3 frozen strawberries)
a good handful of spring mix greens
filtered water

I added a sprinkling of this stuff called Qi'a.  It's a Nature's Path product and is sold as a cereal but OMG does it ever taste like cardboard nothing as a cereal.  But it's full of good stuff:  Chia, Buckwheat, & Hemp, so it goes into the smoothie where it thankfully gets completely masked by other flavors, while still serving up the benefits.  Read about Q'ia here.  But don't tell 'em I didn't like it as a stand alone. ;)

Enjoy your day,
xo
Rawkin'


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Rawkin' on Facebook!